Things You Should NOT Do
When you are waiting for the storm cleanup professionals to arrive at your home or business there are several things you should NOT do. Here’s a list.
- Spread contaminated water (treat it all as contaminated unless and until you know differently) by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet parts of the building.
- Run or turn on the HVAC system. You could be blowing contaminated particles all over the building.
- Use household-type fans or window fans to dry out parts of the structure. This tends to spread contamination.
- Use any products exposed to flood water. This includes personal cleanliness products (soap, shampoo, etc.), makeup and, of course, food.
- Use a household-type vacuum cleaner or shop vac to remove water from the premises.